Amazon announced a new model of Kindle: Kindle Oasis in Malaysia Now
What? Another premium eReader? Kindle Voyage is already expensive enough, so why does the world need another eReader that is even more expensive than the Rolls-Royce equivalent? And what should we call Kindle Oasis, the Aston Martin, or the Ferrari of the eReader?
The world doesn’t strictly need a Kindle Oasis; without it the civilization will not end, people can still pass on the knowledge, and you can still read your books on kindle.
we believe that Kindle Oasis can be useful or even preferred for the following reasons:
- Kindle Oasis is very light– only 131g ( as compared to kindle voyage 188g). So it’s wonderful when you are mountain trekking in Nepal and you want to keep your luggage weight down.
- Kindle Oasis comes with premium leather cover
- Enhanced battery life! Kindle is known to be usable for a few weeks long without recharging. But Kindle Oasis one-up this further– with leather cover, it can go on for months without recharging.
- Page-turn buttons are back! Page-turn buttons were there in the first few generations of Kindles, up to kindle keyboard. But then Amazon removed this feature from Kindle touchscreen generation onward. Now it’s back! You can now turn the pages by pressing buttons instead of tapping on screens. Some people will like this.
- As a status symbol. Just like Prada bags, or USD 24 million diamond ring 🙂
Kindle Oasis is the new choice available, and capitalism and free market hum along because consumers are given more and more choices every day.
So next time when you want to get a kindle, you can consider Kindle Oasis, a product of Amazon and the free market.
|NEW – Kindle||Kindle Paperwhite||Kindle Voyage||NEW – Kindle Oasis|
|Special Offers||Without Ads||With Ads||Without Special Offers||Without Special Offers|
|Built-in Light||No||Yes – 4 LEDs||Yes – 6 LEDs
+ adaptive light sensor
|Yes – 10 LEDs for
enhanced page consistency
+ page turn buttons
|Resolution||167 ppi||300 ppi||300 ppi||300 ppi|
Wi-Fi + Free 3G
Wi-Fi + Free 3G
|Weight||161 g||205 g||180 g ( Wi-Fi)||131 g (Without cover)
238 g (With Cover)
|Dimensions||160 x 115 x 9.1 mm||169 x 117 x 9.1 mm||162 x 115 x 7.6 mm||143 x 122 x 3.4-8.5 mm|
|Storage||Holds thousands of books||Holds thousands of books||Holds thousands of books||Holds thousands of books|
Tiny URL for this post: